1. They’re all chocolate and vanilla and strawberry, so I thought they’d look good in a cupcake pan.
2. They’re all mix and match. Like my own garanimals. The child will never clash. Not till she outgrows this lot, anyway.
3. I know I said I’d wait till the baby showers were over before I bought anything. I lied.
4. I’ve cried about how little they are.
5. I’ve cried about how fast she’ll outgrow them.
6. I’ve cried because they’re 0-3 month size, and other mothers are now telling me they’ll be too big, and I don’t have any newborn sized stuff, so my poor kidney bean’s gonna be nekkid in the cold because her mama’s INCOMPETENT.
7. Then I found out that diapers come in size 0. Now I feel REALLY incompetent. And unprepared.
8. I feel like Sparks is a paragon of wisdom for gently telling me that it’s still possible, two months before she’s due, to get these things in these sizes for her.
9. I considered putting them on the cat, but at ten pounds, the cat is too big for them.
10. The cat is sitting on the pile of clothes now. I wonder if it bodes ill for the future.